POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : good bone texture ?? : good bone texture ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  good bone texture ??
From: MR
Date: 28 Sep 2001 14:22:32
Message: <3bb4bfe8$1@news.povray.org>
hi everybody,

major newbie here...  i'm trying to faithfully work my way thru
the user docs, but i can't seem to keep from getting ahead
of myself.  anyway, i've converted a 3ds skull using 3DWin
and i've got my own lighting and camera and i've translated
and rotated it until it fits my way of viewing, BUT:

i need a good "old bone" texture.  can anybody make any
suggestions?  i've tried white marble, T_Grnt11a, and
T_Grnt9a, and i don't much care for them.

and this question should probably go in the newusers
group, but i'm here so bear with me, ok?

is there an easier way to look at all the textures than
to have to try them all out?  do i need to make a pov with
all of them in it?

thank you, miker